Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Audiobooks

Well, having a job in which I basically have all the time in the world to listen to whatever I like and once I had gone through my CD collection of comedy, musicals, and classic rock, I turned to audiobooks.  I had never once thought that I could actually enjoy something that wasn't a physical book to read.  After all, I can usually read a book in just a few hours, and some of the audio books I've listened to takes days to listen to.  But, I have really enjoyed it too.

Always before, I can honestly say I have never thought about what a character really sounds like.  I mean, male or female voice of course, but inflections or accents?  Never.  Of course, not all of the books are home runs.  Sometimes, the voice is a bit too nasally.  Other times, you can hear a swallow, or a page shuffle, and that kind of ruins it.  But, I don't think I will ever go back to reading something alone.  The next long road trip I take, I'm loading up the iPod and listening to some good books.


No comments:

Post a Comment